- The first transistor design was filed in Canada by Austrian-Hungarian physicist Julius Edgar Lilienfeld on October 22, 1925. Lilienfeld did not publish any papers on his designs, and so his work went unnoticed by industry.
- AJohn Vincent Atanasoff created the first electronic digital computer, Atanasoff Berry computer. The ABC cannot be programmed and can only perform linear equations. However, it pioneered many important elements of modern computing, including binary arithmetic and electronic switching elements
- Point-Contact Transistor
- Silicon P-N Junction transistor
- Transistors finally reach nanoscale at 800 nm
- Rapid progression has reduced transistors to 90 nm
- Transistors reduced to 22nm, how Moore's Law is slowing down
- Nvidia GK110 Kepler Graphic Processing Unit reaches 7,080,000,000 transistor count, the highest to date.