1. HEADS UP! HELMET could save lives and prevent long-term mental health problems and disabilities for thousands of our troops.
2. HEADS UP! HELMET could save the Veterans Affairs hospital system as much as $1 billion a year – the projected cost of caring for soldiers with mild to severe TBI.
3. HEADS UP! HELMET could give soldiers, who have honorably served our country, the chance for a better post-war quality of life.
1. Our helmet will not protect soldiers from torso and chest constrictions due to a bomb detonating under a vehicle and causing a potentially fatal rush of blood to the brain.
2. During combat, a helmet is sometimes used as a tool to hammer and dig and this kind of use could trigger deployment of our helmet’s safety features.
3. Providing new, high-tech helmets to all of our combat soldiers would be a significant additional cost to the military.